Driving down the road, checking out the scenery, you’ve probably noticed that some homes got it and some just…well, don’t. The truth is, most homes can look significantly better with just a little time, money and effort. It’s all about that curb appeal. Not only will you love pulling up to your home, but if you plan on selling soon, this is a great way to draw in prospective buyers.
As Coronvirus continues to limit the time we can spend outside of the home, there is no better time to tackle a few projects around the house and start beautifying your front yard. The good news is, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to make significant changes to look or vibe of your home.
Here are 5 ideas to improve your curb appeal, costing less than $500.
- Paint your front door- Think of your front door as the first impression you and your guests will be making of your home. You don’t want it to be dirty, dull, or out of style. Different colors stimulate different emotions in people; energizing, peacefulness, passion and more. HGTV says that the top colors right now are:
- Better Red
- White (on gray or brick homes)
- Add furniture – A seating area is welcoming and inviting. You can also select to update seasonally, adding holiday-themed pillows and décor. For example, opt for yellow, orange and red pillows and cushions for fall, but swap out to reds and greens for Christmas. You can also add a mini light-up tree or holiday sign. And don’t forget a doormat.
- Add landscaping– Landscaping makes a world of a difference. Don’t have a green thumb? Ask for low-maintenance or drought resistant plants so you don’t stress about it as much. For example, consider buying two beautiful and colorful pots, fill them with plants or flowers of your choice, and place on each side of your front door and /or your entry walkway.
- Paint or add shutters– Shutters are another way to add contrast and make a significant difference in the look. You can find different styles, colors, and sizes to create a look for your home. From modern, to coastal, to farmhouse, there is a shutter for you. Don’t believe us, search for before and after shutter images. WOW.
- Power wash the house– You’ll be amazed at the difference a power wash will make at the coloring and appearance of your home. Don’t have one? The large home stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot rent them by the day.
Your home should be a place you are proud of and love coming home to. These easy DIY curb appeal tips will help you with that. Don’t forget to share your before and after photos with us!