In our last blog, we suggested taking time to select custom touches to finish your home and make it uniquely yours. Because the kitchen is the heart of the home, we wanted to share even more ideas that will make your custom kitchen functional and glamorous.
- Creative storage spaces- There are so many options when it comes to building custom cabinets that will keep your kitchen organized. Are you a wino? Consider a custom wine rack drawer to store your favorite whites and reds. Are you an avid baker? A custom tray divider will organize all your baking sheets. Other popular options include spice rack drawers or small pullouts for utensils. Another great idea- a divider drawer for pots and pans lids.
- Charging station- Between phones and tablets, we like to stay fully charged at all times. Building a docking drawer with a hidden charge station will keep your technology charged but out of sight. Now you can check your phone, search for new recipes and still prepare dinner.
- Pop-up outlets- Looking for a way to hide your outlets? Pop-up outlets disappear into the countertop and can be especially useful in places where there are no wall cabinets to hide a plug molding strip. Effective and attractive, now that’s a dynamin duo almost as great as PB&J.
- Task lighting – Task lighting will illuminate your countertops to make it easier to see your food. It also looks beautiful, especially at dusk. Just make sure to install it toward the front of your cabinets so that it highlights the backsplash tile and not the counter.
- Hide the dishwasher- Paneling your dishwasher will provide a clean, harmonious look by hiding the stainless steel. It doesn’t have to stop there. You can also consider paneling the refrigerator as well.
- Wine coolers- What’s the fun of having a beautiful, custom home and never celebrating it? Life is full of exciting moments worth celebrating, so why not have a cooler stocked full of your favorite wines you can pull out when guests are over, you’ve had a hard day, or just want to enjoy a night in.
What is one custom touch you would love to have in your kitchen? Contact us today to discuss how we can help you make it happen!